When I think of my time as a student at Bellarmine, I have many fond memories. From Ball on the Belle, Midknight Breakfasts and intramural sports, to lifetime friendships and meeting my wife, Melissa Berger Zoeller ’01, this school gave me so much. (My parents also assume I remember something from class!)
The greatest thing about Bellarmine is that my interaction with the university didn’t end when I graduated. Our Alumni Association continues to provide us with opportunities to form new memories. Since graduation, we’ve taken our children to many Knights basketball games, attended Trivia Knight and Summer Festival every year, and enjoyed Homecoming and Alumni Knight at the Bats at Slugger Field, along with many other events. No matter why we’re on campus or attending a school-sponsored event, Bellarmine always feels like home.
None of this would be possible without a vibrant Alumni Association. The Alumni Association’s theme this year is “Celebrating the Past, Planning for the Future.” I’d like to share some of the association’s remarkable accomplishments of the past several years:
- Establishing an award-winning mentorship program that helps more than 300 students annually in launching their careers;
- Increasing communication with new alumni by having alumni visit Senior Seminar classes and holding a welcome event for new graduates;
- Providing more than 100 alumni events throughout the year;
- Engaging alumni through Bellarmine-branded items like house flags and bourbon barrels; and
- Awarding more than $100,000 in Legacy Scholarships and pledging $200,000 to the Centro Campaign through fundraising events such as Summer Festival, BU Golf Classic and Trivia Knight.
As we celebrate these accomplishments, we are planning for future success at Bellarmine as we welcome our fourth president, Susan M. Donovan, Ph.D. Come join us and make new memories at the many amazing alumni events coming up this year. Go Knights!
Kevin Zoeller ’00/’01 MBA | KevinMZoeller@gmail.com